Sunday, November 11, 2012

Antique Shop Spotlight: MB Antiques

In our continued Antique Shop Spotlight series, we have another excellent shop for you.  MB Antiques has been around SL for quite some time now; primarily known within the Royal Courts RP sims.  However, her items can be found gracing not only the homes of royalty in SL, but the homes of every day people.  About a year ago, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Serenya and walking around her shop, or rather store within a mansion!

The antiques that can be found at MB Antiques are varied in design, but also theme.  The craft used melds sculpts and mesh now; along with prims and textures.  You can never go wrong here - there's something for every taste; English, Swedish, French, etc.

The craftswoman and antique connoisseur of MB Antiques was gracious enough to spend some time to answer our slightly probing questions.


What is your inspiration when building your items?

My inspiration comes from the desire to create objects of the past; authentic pieces from the museum. Each one of them has a story to tell and buying it and placing it in your home becomes part of that story.
 
 
What is it that you hope to invoke in your customers when building?

The passion and attention to detail is the most important to me. I want that in the the piece that the customer chooses because that's what they were looking for and expect to find.  They decide to buy an item because of an intrinsic value. The preciousness of the bill leads them to decide to make the investment in any particular item; especially any item that they feel holds value for them and their home.
 
Why do you focus on the particular style? Why antiques?
Antiques are my passion. I am a connoisseur and I really love being able to extend this love of mine in SL.
 
What would be your personal favorite piece in your store? Why?
I do not have a favorite piece; I love them all!  I love and adore all of the realizable furniture, so all of the objects that are realized become my favorites!


If you could choose a time period in which to live, what would it be and why?
I would live, without any doubt, in the 18th century; precisely in the Rococo era.  I'd love to live even in the Neoclassical period.  It was a period where excess and luxury and the cult of aesthetic architecture and decoration were at their peak.
 




What are some ways you strive for excellent customer service?
I enjoy taking care of customers and thir needs by responding to their requests and questions for assistance.
Many times I am available to help in the choice of furniture and most of their rightful place in the their homes.
 
Here's a look at MB Antiques and what they have to offer at their ahop:
 



 
 
Serenya really has a wonderful ability to create exquisite apces using her fine furnishings, detail to attention, and use of lighting.  I am sure you can find anything to suit your taste and home in this enlightening shop!



No comments:

Post a Comment